Sunday, February 6, 2011

Crossroads

I really am at a crossroads here.

It's entirely possible that I will not be able to run the 4/2 marathon. But, it is still possible. I would need to start building back the miles. If I use the run/walk/run approach, it should still be possible on a slower basis. If I do run it as a marathon, I will need to really cut back on goals, etc. It's also possible to just do the half.
  1. Do the half.
  2. Run/Walk/Run to finish.
If I do the half, I think I can just do what I normally do and set a goal that week. Here's an idea for #2.
  • Continue to train at 80% r/w/r ratio.
  • Pay extra attention to form, stretching, days off, etc.
  • Use a very easy schedule (Hal Higdon's Novice #1) for mileage.
  • Be prepared to scale back to the half at any time.
Here's a modified HH Novice schedule I think might do the trick. It gets a 20 in before the taper; you just need to take it nice and easy.



No comments:

Post a Comment