Saturday, June 27, 2009

And Another!

So, I was able to do it again, at the same pace I kept with Steve. This is a bigger deal than it sounds. I have this really, really negative thought spiral when I exercise. Doing it with Steve helped me with this, first because it's embarrassing. Second, it's internal. Third, Steve is a really positive and athletic guy. I also found that talking helps so much when running--having a buddy to shoot the breeze with. So, I did the 5k route in approx. 32 minutes with him 2x.

Could I do it alone?

Well, intellectually the answer is "of course." Nothing physiological changed. But I needed the positive mental energy. I have run this very same route for weeks, and never have I done it all running by myself. I always bag it feeling frustrated and full of failure.

  • "The first mile is the hardest."
  • "It's a straight shot."

No comments:

Post a Comment