Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bradley Hills

Okay, I love the MapMyRun site, which has great technology that has really helped me get started running. It recently helped me with the Bradley Hills.


There's been lots of talk about the Bradley Hills in the Crim race. Here's a shot of the Kenyan leaders of the 2005 Crim coming down those hills:

The top image is an elevation of the 1 mile section of the Crim course; this is the same in the 10 mile and 8K. As you can see, it's the first .10 that is steepest--5% grade. Then it levels off for .10, and then you get .20 of 3% grade. From there it's 2%, then 1%, and then you're done with climbing.

So, I suggested to Bill that our 2 mile run should be up and down the Bradley Hills. We did great. It was about 10 minutes up and 9 minutes down. Not bad.

I happen to be a really visual person, and the graphic at the top helps me "see" the run ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment