Sunday, August 1, 2010

Still Struggling

Trying to get back in. While in the hospital, I really wrenched my R plantar fascia in an odd place. I was moving my dad in bed and put all my weight on a terrible spot. The good news is that I don't run on this part of my foot at all. During yesterday's 7 miler it hardly hurt at all (well, at the end it really hurt, but I felt comfortable running through it). I just did some CWT with the double bucket. Today I am supposed to do a 14 mile LSD, but I was really out of it this morning. Since dad has been sick, I've been really depressed in the morning, something I really need to shake. Look, that's not going to help anything--get moving.

So I wonder about today's 14 miler. If I do it, I am back on track with the PLAN, and that would feel good. I could do it tomorrow. I know it's going to take 2.5 hours or so with a slow training pace. So maybe I do it after the kids go to bed. I could go CWT on my R foot again.

I don't have to be at work at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Perhaps doing the run tonight is a good idea. I don't usually like to run at night, but getting back on track is a strong motivator.

Also, I am having my GC drained on Tues. Hopefully that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment