Sunday, August 29, 2010

Zombie Run

So, thinking back to my last 14-mile run, I think I have coined a new phrase. These really long runs don't easily fit into a morning. In fact, they will probably result in wanting to take a big long nap during the day, which is no fun at all. So the Memorial Day weekend presents an interesting opportunity: try another zombie run.

For me, a zombie run is an LSD run that you start after the kids go to bed. That would be 9PM or so. For this 18-mile run (gosh, it seems strange to even type that), you get moving on your loop system and finish past midnight. This--in theory--does less damage to your regular sleep patterns. During the 14-mile zombie run a few weeks ago, I talked to Marti and my Dad. They were trying to get out of the hospital for the first time, and I took my cell phone (don't usually do that) so I could stay in touch with them.

We have Dad's burial service on Saturday. We'll stay over that night and come home Sunday. I'll do the 18-mile zombie run after we put the kids to bed. Luckily, Monday is Memorial Day, so I get an extra day to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment