Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Running Dream...

So, I had another running dream. This one was about balance.

It was a transition from some other dream sequence where I was reunited with a high school friend, Jason, and we were talking. Then I went for a "walk" along the Lake Michigan shoreline with someone who was supposed to be my mom but wasn't my mom. The person reminded me of Jason's mom, but it wasn't my her either. In the dream, it was my mom... but it wasn't.

So the "mom" sort of floated in front of me, leading the way toward the shore. I was wearing my running shoes, and I could really feel them (my current shoe, the Brooks Ghost, is just a wonderful match for my foot). So part of the run--the part toward the shore--was over scrubby undergrowth and sandy soil. For part of it, I was floating. Then there was a sequence on the beach, feeling my feet go into the sand. Then, suddenly, I was on the deck of a large cottage going down stairs. The stairs were angular and filled with small pebbles. I could feel my forefoot land on each stair; I was keenly aware of gravity and lean. I felt myself stand up straight and recall my balance.


This dream took place between my first waking up and taking my actual run. As I ran, I could feel the kind of balance I felt in the dream. I kept my shoulders back and together; I stood up very straight and swung my legs back. For the first time, I could really feel my stride opening up behind me. I returned to my "stand tall/step small" mantra and realized something was missing, but I could not put my finger on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment