Friday, August 21, 2009

#10602

That's my bib number for tomorrow's 8k race. It reminds me of my MSU student number. At any rate, I am excited and a little nervous about the race. I'm glad I did that 5K last month. My simplified plan in review:
  • 4:1 run/walk ratio
  • Skip all walk breaks on the Bradley Hills section of the course
  • Resume walk breaks after the Hills
  • Cease walk breaks after Mile 4 (when you get on Court St.)
I figured it out in Excel, and that means 5 walk breaks. A normal 8k @ 4:1 for me (such as my last longer run) contained 8 walk breaks and took 47 minutes. That means I will be walking for 5 minutes on the course. Depending on how I feel, I think I can beat my 45 minute goal.

I'm going to watch my little split chart and see how well I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment