Monday, August 24, 2009

Thinking about races...

I think I had better purchase the above picture as a memento. I hope to look more fit than this in a year. But I also give myself credit--I went out there and did it. Good for me.

Not sure why it matters, but I am thinking about events, times, and races.

Marti ran the 10M Crim in 2003 and finished in 1:25:33 with a pace of 8:34/M. Excellent! That same year, Bill ran it in 1:27:50 with a pace of 8:46/M.

Heelstrike Gallery

Here are a few shots of me doing exactly what I shouldn't with my feet.


The one on the far end is just painful to look at. Clearly I didn't keep the form I've been working on for much of the race. I must have done some of it or I would not be able to walk.

Future times and goals.

A goal for April 2010 is coming together. I want to weigh less than 180 lbs, log 25-30 miles per week, and finish a 10K race with under an 8:00/M pace. That will require some work. This means a 5K finishing time of 24:45 or better; a 10K finishing time of 49:30 or better. With more than 6 months to train, I think I can do this. I also think I'd like my long run to be greater than 10M. Oh, and after April, I want to transition to run the 10M Crim at the same pace. That would mean a finishing time in the 10M Crim of 1:19:30 or better. A tall order.

Oh, and I want to do all of this without getting injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment