Monday, August 31, 2009

Hurt Ankle/Bike Mishap

I've been limping a bit today--noticed by nearly everyone at work--because I ran too hard and too fast after the Crim. Well, my ankle is now totally screwed up: I rode by bike to go round up the kids for dinner. Owen was doing tricks on his scooter, so I did a few wheelies on my giant utility bike. He shrieked with delight, and I tried to do longer, bigger wheelies. You know how the story ends: I flipped over, landed hard on my left leg, and further torqued my ankle. I don't care at all about the road rash on my kneee. I'm really upset about further aggrivating my ankle.

Luckily I've got me one of these:



Fill one half with ice water, the other half with scalding hot and spend some quality time on the deck with a glass of wine and a fist full of Ibuprofen (just joking about the fist of Ibuprofen). I love this bucket--bought it for stripping wallpaper, but have found all kinds of uses for it. This by far is the best. Cold plunge and hot bath. My ankle feels a lot better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment