Saturday, September 19, 2009

Personal Training Session

So, I am about to leave for a one-on-one training session with Sarah, a certified ChiRunning instructor. Sarah is my parents' massage therapist. I'll post here when I am done. I'm very excited to get some clear instruction on form. For about the price of a pair of good running shoes, I am about to get some much needed guidance to keep myself from getting injured!

Soft Knees/Soft Legs

Man, was that worth it. I spent 2 hours with Sarah on the Seaholm High School track and I can't wait to get out running to put a lot of this into practice. It's going to take several days or longer to unpack all I've learned. A couple of things:
  1. An important lesson is that I was doing a good hunk of the ChiRunning thing properly. I needed tweaks and corrections, but I was on the right track.
  2. Even more posture! Push the crown of my head up at the clouds--Sarah actually grabbed me by the hair.
  3. Even shorter strides than I have been doing, and work on the 90 cadence.
  4. More that I will post here later. Good stuff.
One Mistake

This is my fault, too, because I expected to do it and didn't think it would be a problem. We did some barefoot running on the track. It felt fine for a while, and then I got a shooting pain in my right plantar fascia. That's the site of my old shovel injury--ouch! Doesn't hurt with my shoes on and doesn't hurt when I run. Whew!

Track

I liked running on the track at Seaholm so much that I did it here today in my town. While the weather is good, I think I'll hit it once per week during a run.

SUN
MON
TUE
WED
THU
FRI
SAT

No comments:

Post a Comment