Friday, November 6, 2009

Mild/Hot/Fire


Okay, here's my 10K race strategy:
  • Miles 1 & 2: MILD (splits in middle 8s)
  • Miles 3 & 4: HOT (splits in the low 8s)
  • Miles 5 & 6: FIRE (splits under 8)
Now, to be honest, I'm not sure how much "fire" I have in me. The past few times I've done a 6-miler, the last two miles have been about 15:36, or just under 8. So I am pretty sure I can do that. Below are splits for the Mild/Hot/Fire strategy:
  1. 8:30 (begin @ 8:30/M pace)
  2. 17:00
  3. 25:15 (increase @ 8:15/M pace)
  4. 33:30
  5. 41:20 (increase @ 7:50/M pace)
  6. 49:10 / FINAL 50:50
So I will write down these splits and use them. My goal time is 52 minutes or less. If I am doing well enough, I will push it to see if I can finish in under 50. That would be sweet. It's going to be 53F and sunny out--almost exactly what it is right now. Perfect weather.

Decided I'd go for it with the iPod.

Headed Down to Detroit

So, I am about to leave for Todd's place. Gonna crash there in Pleasant Ridge and do the pasta thing with him tonight. Man, I remember back in the 70s when my Dad would run a race or two. We'd hit some big spaghetti joint on Woodward and do the Emily's Race. I must have been 10 or 11. This is going to be fun. It will be nice to hang out with Todd.

I think this is the first time I feel ready for a race. Well, it's only the 3rd one. I think I can meet my goal. In the 8K, I wanted to finish under 45min, and I just made it. In this one, I want to finish in 52 or less, and part of me wants to jump out and do it in less than 50.

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment