Sunday, November 22, 2009

Two More Races?

If I do two more races next month, I will have done 6 with 2 attempts at 3 different distances: 5K, 8K, and 10K. I think that's cool.
So I can try again for my 52 minute 10K and to run my age in the 8K.

Galloway & Walk Breaks

I've been thinking about Jeff Galloway and walk breaks lately, mostly because I don't take walk breaks any more. On my 7-miler this morning, I went straight through. But here's Jeff making his case for walk breaks in an intro to the training program for the Warsaw Marathon/Half:





It would be interesting to do another 5K real quick and build in my old 4:1 ratio and see what happens. I'll bet I'd shave time off. Still, I am loving the rhythm that develops during my runs lately; paradoxically, I think I might get more tired taking the breaks because they would interrupt that separation between mind/body that is starting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment