Sunday, November 1, 2009

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes...


After a few weeks of running on a cheap pair of trail shoes that Kath got for me as knock-around kicks, I read up and bought a very normal shoe that had gotten good reviews: the Saucony ProRigid Jazz 12. I've been happy with it. There are a dizzying number of classifications for running shoes, and the whole industry is being called into question by the mid-foot strike movement and books like Born to Run.

So, here's an interesting thing. Road Runner Sports has a simple chart and a paper bag test.





I've been trolling eBay for a deal on one of my targeted shoes; my idea is that someone will put a few miles on a pair and not care for them. That's where I come in--I buy them for cheap. I am watching a pair of Brooks Trance 8 right now. If they go for under $45, I'm gonna snatch them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment