Saturday, December 5, 2009

90 BPM


The ChiRunning folks recommend running at 9 beats per minute. By this, they mean having one foot at 90 BPM. This feels fast for most people. I grabbed a drum machine and did a 10 minute clip of kick/snare at 90 BPM for starting off. It worked pretty well today. I've actually made a couple of click tracks. Just finished making one with an online metronome. This one is in waltz time @ 60 BMP (which will still be a cadence of 90 BPM if you alternate right/left--see the article in the first ChiRunning link).

Then I kicked into my new all-Stooges runnning mix. Man, running with Iggy is pretty fun.

Stooges Playlist
  1. Down on the Street
  2. 1969
  3. I Wanna Be Your Dog
  4. No Fun
  5. Real Cool Time
  6. 1970
  7. Fun House
  8. Raw Power
  9. T.V. Eye
  10. Loose
  11. 1970 (Take 3--7 minutes of brilliance!)
I'm not sure that an entire run with a click track. The 10 minute track I have should work for setting tempo at the beginning (and I can return to it later in a run).

No comments:

Post a Comment