Thursday, December 23, 2010

99 Days to Go

All this knee anxiety has me worried. Today is an "off" day, and while I was tempted to get into the pool or something, I decided to really take the day off. Tomorrow, I will head to the gym and do the regular 30min pool run. Part of my is curious about trying to DWR in the deepest lane. Not sure if 5' of water will be deep enough. In theory it should be. My head will be out of the water--that's 10"-12" right there. Then you have the leaning forward, which should mean that you are not touching. Who knows?

Perhaps the resistance pool is deep enough? I've never seen anyone in there. I guess I will just have to check it out.

And then there's the elliptical trainer.

And then there's the diet. Could this be the time to do a radical experiment? Three months of diet?

A Brief History of Time

I'm digitizing an old cassette copy of Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time. It belonged to my grandfather. I think it will be good listening during pool runs.

Next Day

Well, the pool lanes were all busy, so I tried the track. Good news: 45 minutes without pain. I listened to Side One of the Hawking and made a point of not pushing it. Feels great to be on the road to recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment