Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Genesys SWR by the Numbers


Okay, SWR is getting to be part of the routine. The new AQx shoes arrived today, so we'll see how they do. Part of me is sad that I can't try the DWR, but there's just no place for it. The main thing I miss, I think, is the core exercise. I'll just need to work out.
  • The lap pool is 25 yards per length
  • A lap is "out and back," or 2 lengths (50 yards)
  • A mile is 72 laps (so said the lifeguard today)
  • The lap pool ranges from 4'9" on the stair end, to nearly 5' on the deepest end. Today I tried to do SWR in 4'9" water, and that doesn't work; the water is too deep
  • I saved a few minutes to run in the therapy pool on the theory I might need to do that some days when the lap pool is full. Well, that pool is 90 degrees, so it's really too hot for exercise. It's also only 4' deep at the very edge--running in circles is fine, but you get into shallow water if you're not hugging the far wall.
My knees are a little sore today; I wonder if I am being too paranoid about them.

Anxious to try the new shoes.

[That's not the Genesys pool in the photo, but it is a 25-yard pool]

No comments:

Post a Comment