Tuesday, December 28, 2010

26.2 Goal Setting

Starting to think about goals for the next marathon. I know that I will need to ease through this training. I think I've turned a corner with the R knee, but I don't want to take any chances. There will be some time off. There will be a week in Utah; I am traveling to Indianapolis in Feb, but I think I will run there. Not sure how much running I will do in Hawaii. Might as well--it's a great place for that.

Even Pace

I think my biggest goal is going to be to keep an even pace. For some reason, 9:45/M pokes out at me as doable. If I were to manage that, I'd have a finishing time close to 4:15:00, which would be shaving more than 20 minutes off my first marathon. It would also leave room to improve in the Fall. I like this idea, so I am going to kick it around.

Another idea I like is having a weight loss goal for the race. The idea would be to commit to weigh a certain amount on race day--something like 175 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment