Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back to Base

Here's the reverse taper recovery schedule coupled with the 3-week base schedule.

This is designed so that you can drop back into an 18-week marathon training program at Week 7. For example, after completing week "C" of the base schedule, instead of dropping back to "A" you can pick up Hal Higdon's Week 6: 3/5/3/6p/9 = 26 miles. Then you just continue on to Week 7.

I am thinking that I will use the HH schedule for the next marathon.

Speaking of the next marathon, I know I will do Detroit again in October of 2011. The question is should I do one in the Spring? I had thought I would do a half in the Spring and a full in the Fall. But part of my is thinking that it might be cool to do an April marathon. The Martian Marathon in Dearborn is small, close, and inexpensive.

If I do the base training above, I could start training for the April marathon in Week 13; I would need to start training in the 2nd week of 2011 (January 10). That's 11 weeks away.

Martian Marathon

In 2010, this marathon had 417 finishers. The half marathon had 1,800. Even if everyone starts at the same time, that is much smaller than the Crim or Freep. It only takes an hour to get from here to there; in the past, they have had a later start (8:30am), which would make it very easy to drive down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment