Monday, October 18, 2010

The Next Day

Went to work today and went fine. I am sore. My calf muscles ache inside (not painful, really) and my quads really burn. It's difficult to go down stairs, and I am walking funny. As my colleagues at work say, I am walking without my "bounce."

Apart from that, I feel really good. There's nothing structural at all about the pain. Feet feel fine. Bones, joints, all fine. There's a bit of tenderness around both knees, but not even pain. Gonna pay close attention to this.

Thoughts

I am still disappointed with my time, but I am delighted that I am not letting it get to me. Part of that comes with talking about it. The people who congratulate me about the marathon would think I was a snotty jerk if my first reaction was to be bummed out about the time. From their perspective, it's an accomplishment just to have completed one. And it is.

I think the best thing I can do for my running is to improve my overall fitness and lose more weight. Looking at those photos from the marathon is hard: I am still very heavy. I am going to re-join the Genesys gym and get a full strength training program. I'll use the track, and maybe I will do some swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment