Saturday, October 23, 2010

Deep Blisters

Two of my marathon infirmities were hiding on me. After the marathon--several times--I did a very close inspection of my feet for blisters. Nothing. Wow! Those Injinji socks worked! Well, they still worked great, but I discovered two "deep blisters" on toes.

Left foot = middle toe
Right foot = pinkie toe

I discovered the left toe first. I thought that the nail was hurt because I had this dull sensation of something not being right. Nail was fine. So I tried to trim it just to make sure, then all kinds of water spilled out. I accidentally nicked the blister, which was so deep that I couldn't tell it was there. I removed the little "hat" of skin and moved on. Doesn't hurt, even though that area feels a little raw. Then the same thing happened on the right foot with the pinkie. They are both a little raw, but they are going to be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment