Saturday, January 23, 2010

9 Mile Long Run

Today I did the 9 mile long run and experimented with eating and drinking. It went great. I did a 3 mile, 4 mile, and 2 mile loop. Here were my split times:
  • 3 mi @ 9:26
  • 4 mi @ 9:14
  • 2 mi @ 8:17
I did a better job of keeping it slow at the beginning. Overall, a pace of 9:10. Need to get that up there a bit.

Water

The Amphipod handheld is fantastic. You barely even know you have it with you, and it's easier to take smaller drinks. It's only noticeable when it's 3/4 full because it sloshes around a bit. Otherwise, it's no big deal. I drank 12 ounces in the first 6 miles. I need to drink a bit more than that.

Eating

I think Chomps are the way to go. One every 10-12 minutes seems fine. They are easy to carry, don't require any messing about, and there's nothing to throw away. I think I found what I am eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment