Saturday, January 9, 2010

Another 22-week plan

This one seems like a compromise between going all the way to 26 and stopping at 20 or 22.

Not sure if I should modify what I have. The good thing is that the crucial changes I would need to make take place after the 1/2 marathon. So I think I can stick with my plan for the next 11 weeks. It will be interesting to see how well I do in the half.

I will get a little preview a week from today: my first of two 10K races here. My performance in races has been spotty. I really want to push it on Saturday--think of it in the same way I did the long run today. Today, I thought "finishing 8 miles is important today; if I can't do this, I won't be able to do this plan." So next Saturday, I think I can say "really going to the wall and giving it all my effort is important today; it's vital to my plan to do as well as I can today."

I would love my time to be 23:something--that would be about a minute faster than my effort in the Big Bird race. I think I can do it. That Holly 10K was hard for me--not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment