Saturday, January 9, 2010

Physical Inventory

For some reason, I feel like doing a brain dump of things I notice physically. I am getting better at jotting down the important stuff in my running log. Here goes, from the feet up.
  • R Plantar Fascia. This is an old shovel injury, and I need to baby it. It's been fine, but perhaps a little sensitive. I feel a small "bump" and a little tenderness. No pain.
  • R Lower Leg. Feels "soft" is the best I can say. No pain, just something not right. I make sure to relax it as I run--I think that helps.
  • R Upper Chest. Around my collarbone, I sometimes have a sense of compression or tightness that is not painful, but does concern me. Usually if I back off, it goes away. It does not feel cardiac, but what do I know? Perhaps it's Thoracic Outlet Syndrome? Probably not--does not impact my arms or hands. It's never bothered me when I am really pushing it.
  • For some reason, I have a sense that my legs are getting used to the pounding.
  • Next morning, very slight soreness "inside" my elbows. Nothing about the joint is sore--just feels like muscle soreness, but very slight. Perhaps shaking my arms out a few times will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment