Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Soft"

I took it easy most of last week. Today, I went back to the track and did an easy 5K at a pace of about 8:35. Felt fine. I also sat in the hot tub and put the right foot/leg in the cold plunge. Probably a good idea.

I was able to take it easy on the soft leg without changing too many things. First, I bagged the magic mile time trial; then I bagged the race. I still want to do the 9 mile long run this coming Saturday... backing off this week will determine if I can do that or not.

Meanwhile, I discovered that I have gone down 2 waist sizes. I keep some old 34" jeans around for messy projects--I always had to smash myself into them. Wearing them now--they are the right size.

That's never happened to me... I've never gone down a waist size!

NEXT MORNING: Feel pretty good. Leg is not as "soft" and I am going to do 5M on the track today to try to step it up a bit. Well, I went and did 5K instead. No need to push it. I felt good and went along at a fairly quick clip.
  1. 2.05
  2. 2.08
  3. 2.03
  4. 2.02
  5. 2.02
  6. 2.03
  7. 2.02
  8. 2.00
  9. 2.00
  10. 1.54
  11. 1.54
  12. 1.56
  13. 1.37
25:53 or 8:19/M. Not bad for a hurt paw.

Cold plunge. One thing I need to take greater advantage of at the indoor track is the cold plunge. I did it before years ago when I threw out my back. If I could get in there for 1 minute, or perhaps 2 minutes, I think I could really speed recovery for my legs.


Saginaw Marathon: Renee is probably going to bail on the Stockholm Marathon in May. That was too soon for me anyway. But I wonder if I could do this marathon up in Saginaw on July 25, 2010. It's USTAF certified, and it's 3 laps on on 9.08 mile route. I like the fact that it's a 6am start and that it's so close to home. I could get back to Grand Blanc and recover at the gym--soak in the hot plunge, use the steam room, hot tub, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment