Friday, January 1, 2010

Dr. Scholl's Heel Liners



So, my first serious pair of running shoes (Saucony Jazz 12) have about 260 miles on them. I turned them into my winter running "screw shoes," and there is only one thing wrong with them: the heels are totally torn up. This happens in nearly all of my shoes. But it's terrible with these, and they cause some nasty callouses and blisters. In fact, after yesterday's 8K, my left callous fell off. Ouch! This is not on the heel itself, but just above it near the Achilles tendon.

Enter Dr. Scholl's heel liners. I put some of these in today--we'll see how they hold up. If they work in the screw shoes, I might put them into my other running shoes just to prevent that kind of wear. Easier to replace $5 heel liners than complete running shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment