Saturday, October 10, 2009

Below Freezing


Tomorrow will be my first run below 32F. I think I have all the right gear assembled. Should be fun and interesting. I am very tempted to go 4 miles--I want to run longer. But I promised myself I'd plateau at 3 miles every other day for a while. No reason to push it. I can start adding miles in a couple of weeks.

UPDATE: Below freezing is not that cold when you're running. It's certainly different than say, skiing, or riding a motorcycle on the highway--both activities that I have done below 32F. I can tell that my gear is up to it--my legs were fine and my upper body may have even been a bit warm. In the future, I might lose the outer layer if it's not raining or snowing. I also went out later this morning--left at about 8 instead of 5:45, so there was actual sunlight on the scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment