Saturday, October 24, 2009

Best Running Neighborhood


I think I might live in one of the best running neighborhoods ever. Our subdivision connects to several other subs, so I have 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 mile routes right here without ever getting 1.5 miles away from my house! Because I want to make 6 miles my regular run, I have a number of possibilities right outside my door:
  • 3M Bella Visa 2x
  • 3M King's Fairway 2x
  • 3M Bella Vista + 3M King's Fairway
  • 4M Bella Vista + 2M Bella Vista
  • 4M King's Fairway + 2M Bella Vista
  • 6M Bella Vista
There--6 different ways to run 6 miles right outside my door.

I find myself missing running on my days off. But I think it's important to keep up this every other day routine, mostly because it is working so well. No pain, no injuries, lots of motivation. I think that's what I need for the next several weeks. I can start the 4x/wk training in January. Right now I just want to focus on getting up to 6mi for my daily run.

My plan is to be at 4mi this week and perhaps do a step-up to 6mi on a long run in a couple of weeks. Then I can alternate back and forth between 4mi and 6mi. Then I will step up to 6mi. For some reason, I just feel like skipping 5mi. Not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment