Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ready to Move

So, my 3-miler went great this morning. My new Saucony Boston pants came, and they are the most comfortable item of clothing I own. I got antsy this evening and had to go out for a "walk." It was hard not to run the whole thing, but I forced myself to walk most of it. I ran for short bursts when I couldn't stand it. It's about 38F out there, and it felt great.

The plan is no running tomorrow--one of my days of listening. Then I do a gentle 4 miler on Saturday morning.

I'm feeling like a ChiRunning poster child right now. I'm still watching that tenderness in my right knee, but it's not pain. I think it's my whole leg reacting to not running duck-footed. I feel it during the day, too, as I walk with more alignment.

I think this going slower has really helped.

Now, the big question becomes when/if to register for the National Half Marathon in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment