Sunday, October 4, 2009

An Odd Goal

While walking the dog this evening, I came up with an odd goal for tomorrow:

Run your 3-mile route as slowly as you possibly can. Shoot for a time over 36 minutes.

UPDATE: Hah! I finished in 29:50--and I slowed down several times! I think I will try this again. 36:00 would be 12:00 miles. Not sure I can do it. I ran with a 4:35 r/w ratio and did the run in 9:56/M pace. Need to work on slowing it down. Also need to work on rest--my R plantar fascia hurt mid way during mile 3. I think I'll wait until Tues to do it again.

Weather.

It was 54 degrees when I went out. I wore long running pants--good move. I think that 55 or below means long pants for me. I wore a t-shirt and running windbreaker. That was too much--it made me sweat like a dog. A long-sleeved shirt would be good. I got two nice long sleeve technical shirts, but I think they are for very cold weather. They are tight fitting. I need some long sleeve versions of the loose-fitting technicals I have now.

I've also noticed that wicking shirts smell terrible. Here's an article about that.

That article had a great link to this company. Looks like I am going to need to try them!

Darkness.

Today, I ran during the day. No problem. As I keep running during the mornings, it's going to be dark for the whole time I am out there. Gonna need some reflective gear, and perhaps even some stuff that lights up. Here are some:

No comments:

Post a Comment