Wednesday, October 7, 2009

ExStream Running

Well, there's nothing "extreme" about my running, but today I had an "ExStream" run when I wore my new fly fishing balaclava. It was in the low 40s and really windy at 5:30 this morning; I didn't expect to break this out until the snow flew, but it was perfect today.

I bought this thing in Jackson Hole for the long and cold motorcycle ride to Park City. It was perfect for that trip, and it's perfect for running. It breaks the wind but doesn't turn your head into a Thermos. Flip the face cover below your chin. Slide the cap and visor behind your head. Keeps your earbuds nice and tight in the ears.

Earbuds, you say? Yes, I ran with tunage today...

My First iPod Run


And today I ditched the interval timer watch and donned the new iPod Shuffle. I had loaded in my new Purple Nurple mix. (Whoa, my two blogs converge!). I think today was the first time I was really ready to run with music. It was fantastic! For one thing, the run seemed a lot shorter. I also ran my new King's Fairway route (3 mi). Had highlights when The Shaggs came on; The Wave Pictures also made me strum air guitar and fist pump the sky. Fun!

BTW, the old Shuffles are mega cheap now. I bought this one new for $45. The perfect running iPod. I clipped it to my collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment