Thursday, October 22, 2009

Training Begins Sunday, January 17

So I found what looks to be a really good half-marathon training program from Runner's World. I think I will stick to that. I had thought I might find a marathon training program and put this half in the middle, but no... let's do it the way it's supposed to be done.

Because everything is working so well, I am thinking that I may stick with my every-other-day routine until early January. I'll try to get my regular run up to 6 miles by increasing gradually.

This 9-week training program has 2 solid rest days every week. It is built on AI (tempo runs) and GP--gotta remember what that is. Gentle Pickups, that's what it is.

If I can be running 6 miles every other day by mid January, I think I'll be in perfect shape to start a program like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment